Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So.... I was sitting and crying because I have so much to do but it does not seem like there is always enough time to do it or that the situations or the events that occur during my day are pointing to my day ending anywhere near what I wanted or expected. This reminds me of my days with PPD. Everyday I was overwhelmed with the thought of doing everything for everyone else that I neglected ME. Being a parent is hard even when you are not suffering from PPd. And regardless of what people tell you- YOU have to take time for yourself. Even if that time alone means sitting in the bathroom alone for 5 minutes or drinking a glass of wine and reading a book for all of 10 minutes. Take time for you.

I realized today that I was so caught up in chasing behind Daijah that I neglected to do the fundamental things I needed to keep me well rounded and happy. So after putting Daijah to sleep which is a struggle more than it appears easy lol, I decided to take me time and exhale. Every mom needs time to exhale and let no one let you feel ashamed of taking this time. BREATHE!!!!or Cry!!!! Whichever gives you relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment